Securence Outbound Filtering
With most of today’s focus of email security on inbound threats, email
administrators often overlook the significance of outbound email misuse and the trouble
it can cause an organization. Outbound filtering is designed to protect your business
and safeguard its reputation.
Securence Outbound Filtering Overview
- Uses industry-leading spam
filtering to keep email containing inappropriate spam content from being
distributed from your mail server.
- Includes 4 anti-virus filters that complement and add additional protection to
ensure email viruses are not sent from your organization.
- Safeguards intellectual property from leaving the organization by scanning key
words, phrases or symbols that are set to be flagged and quarantined.
- Provides a simple, easy-to-use, interface to manage outgoing email to protect your
Securence Outbound Filtering Features & Benefits
Prevents the distribution of company-sensitive information
- Heightened awareness surrounding government regulations such as Sarbanes-Oxley,
HIPAA and Gramm-Leach-Bliley, have increased the need for organizations to take a
more proactive role in policing what information is disseminated through email.
- Ensures employees are in compliance with government regulations and corporate
- Reduces legal liability by identifying messages that may include potentially risky
language, like “guaranteed return” in financial services, or diagnostic codes in
- Specialty Outbound filters for blocking US and Canadian SS numbers
- Other custom content filters
Protection against spam proliferation
- Recently a growing number of spammers have employed unsuspecting open relays to send
spam. This practice often goes unnoticed by the IT staff until problems, such as
blacklisting or server overload, disrupt email communication.
- Securence Outbound Filtering uses advanced rate-control features to thwart zombie
PCs and alert IT staff any time a large quantity of emails attempt to leave the
- In addition to rate controls, Securence Outbound Filtering uses domain restrictions,
IP restrictions and user authentication to prevent outbound spam.
Strips oversize and suspicious attachments
- Large attachments can quickly bog down a company’s email service by
monopolizing the bandwidth. They also run a high risk of containing viruses or
malicious content that even the sender is unaware of.
- Securence Outbound Email Filtering blocks the
delivery of large, malevolent files by file type.
- Prevents emailing of specific file formats based on company parameters.
Easily deployed and quickly installed
- Compatible with all email servers and can fit into nearly any corporate or small
- Can replace any existing outbound mail relay and sits between your client machines
and the Internet.